Elvis Presley, "Love Me Tender"

 
  "Love me tender,
   love me sweet,
   never let me go.
   You have made my life complete,
   and I love you so.

   Love me tender,
   love me true,
   all my dreams fulfilled.
   For my darlin' I love you,
   and I always will [...]"




Love me tender is a song recorded by Elvis Presley adapted from the tune of "Aura Lee" (or "Aura Lea"), a sentimental Civil War ballad. Elvis performed "Love Me Tender" on The Ed Sullivan Show on September 9, 1956. On the following day, RCA received 1 million advance orders, making it a Gold Record before the single was even released.

Elvis Aaron Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, on January 8, 1935. He and his parents moved to Memphis, Tennessee, in 1948, and Elvis graduated from Humes High School there in 1953.
He began his singing career in 1954, and in 1956 he was an international sensation. His sound combined different musical influences and challenged the social barriers of the time.
Elvis Presley is one of the most important figures of Twentieth Century. He died on August 16, 1977, at Graceland, his Memphis home.

  

 Use "Love Me Tender" to declare all your love!